Our BlogThe latest news and information about digital credentials
Parchment, the most-widely adopted academic digital credential service in the US has launched a redesigned website, www.parchment.com, that focuses on bringing a modern-day, interactive experience to the more than 3 million learners that rely on Parchment to access and manage their transcripts, diplomas and certificates every year.
The newly launched site reflects the evolution of Parchment as the most trusted digital credential service in the academic market, supporting learners with multiple credential types (i.e. transcripts, diplomas, and certificates). The redesigned site simplifies the process for learners to immediately place their credential requests for digital delivery into employers, licensing boards and admissions offices. It also allows credential issuers and receiving organizations to more easily navigate to the various credentials they wish to issue or access.
“Making credentials more actionable, in digital form, for learners is Parchment’s core mission and it starts on Parchment.com with a simple ordering experience and advanced credential management tools,” said Gretchen Hanson, Director of Product Marketing with Parchment. “Recent reports reinforce how important academic credentials are in the labor market and yet too often they remain paper-based and symbolic. The new Parchment site provides a roadmap for learners and institutions to innovate.”
New features and functionalities included in the new Parchment.com redesign include:
- Optimized user experiences across all desktop and mobile devices, allowing learners to access their credentials any time, anywhere
- Prioritized access to learner credentials by initiating orders and looking up participating institutions front and center on the home page
- Organized Parchment services with ‘Our Services’ and ‘Who We Serve’ areas
- Improved access to upcoming events and information with interactive calendar
- Augmented existing learner functionality including admissions tools and credential profile