Our BlogThe latest news and information about digital credentials
As professionals, each of us is looking to improve our careers and potentially make that next step. To do that, at one point or another we may need to seek additional learning or skills. Whether that’s a professional development course, a training program, or even going to trade or graduate school. Each one will result in a credential, such as a badge, certificate, license or degree, that certifies all of your new knowledge and opens the door that was holding you back.
With so much on the line, it doesn’t make any sense to have these credentials only as paper documents that your employer will never see. Without verified proof, they just have to take your word for it that you have the credential you say you have.
Luckily, employers, licensing boards, associations, and other organizations are utilizing Parchment’s digital credential platform to issue digital diplomas, certificates, and badges to their recipients. Offering digital credentials makes a big difference to both the learner and to the organization.
For Employers, Going Digital Is Simple
Adopting digital credentials for your organization is simple and secure!
- Employers love being able to increase brand awareness and employee recognition with a shareable digital certificate.
- Licensing boards and other organizations find managing their credential programs simple by uploading a spreadsheet.
- Associations can increase their membership and reach by letting their members promote the association through their social media channels.
- The secure and verified link to a digital credential is used by employees any time they need to share the credential you’ve issued them.
Learners Love Digital Credentials
We live in a digital world, so having our achievements in an easily shareable format can help learners make the most of their investment.
- Available immediately, digital credentials can be put to work right away. Most recipients of digital credentials are able to get the steps to their promotion moving more quickly. They don’t need to wait for their paper credential to arrive!
- Being able to share digitally on social media platforms like LinkedIn can make them much more marketable. Back up your claims with verified credentials to rise to the top of the pack.
- Enjoy one place to collect and manage all of their credentials. Parchment lets everyone store their transcripts, diplomas, licenses, and certificates in one convenient place. Anytime you need to share your credentials, they’re just a click away.
In the modern world we live in, having our credentials stuck in a drawer or on the wall, doesn’t help. We need to be able to securely share our accomplishments to get that opportunity we’re looking for. You earned your credentials, you might as well be able to show them off!
To learn more about offering digital credentials like badges, diplomas, certificates, and licenses, contact us here!