We’re Committed to Protecting Member and Learner Data
Maintaining the security, confidentiality, privacy, integrity, and availability of your data is critical to our team. As part of our ongoing commitment to putting our members and learners first, Parchment has built robust and transparent information security and compliance programs.
Parchment information security management system is based on industry best practices ISO 27001, NIST CSF, PCI DSS. Through these frameworks, members and learners can trust that working with Parchment is a reliable, consistent, and secure experience.
SOC2 Type II
- Annually, Parchment undergoes SOC2 Type II audit by a third-party AICPA firm to ensure customers are protected across various levels. The scope of the SOC2 Type II audit covers all of Parchment Products and emcompnases all five Trust Servce Criteria, inducing Security, Confidentiality, Availability, Processing Integrity, and Privacy.
- The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a proprietary information security standard administered by the PCI Security Standards Council. PCI DSS is a set of network security and business best practices guidelines adopted by the PCI Security Standards Council to establish a “minimum security standard” to protect customers’ payment card information. The PCI DSS is mandated by the card brands and administered by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council.
- Parchment maintains compliance with PCI DSS, as a level one Service provider. To ensure credit card data is securely handled Parchment has Partnered with Chase to provide a secure and reliable payment process. Parchment does not directly store, process, or transmit any cardholder data. Parchment undergoes annual Report on Compliance assessment by Qualified Security Assessors against the current PCI DSS requirements. We can provide a copy of our Attestation of Compliance upon request.
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law enacted in 1974 that protects the privacy of student education records. Parchment handles all requests and access to FERPA protected records in a secure and compliant manner, always requiring consent as needed and preventing unauthorized disclosure.
Accessibility VPAT 508 Compliance
- Parchment is committed to making its services accessible to individuals with disabilities by meeting or exceeding accessibility standards. We target compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA guidelines in the design and development of Parchment services. Conformance with these guidelines makes Parchment more accessible and user friendly for everyone. We enhance and test Parchment services regularly to maintain compliance with this standard.
- A Voluntary Product Accessibility Template is a document used by providers to self-disclose the accessibility of a particular product. We are happy to provide a copy of the product specific VPAT upon request.
GDPR and CCPA
Availability & Reliancy
Parchment systems are hosted on Amazon Web Services (SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 certified) deployed across multiple availability zones. Providing our members and learner communities with trusted Uptime and Reliability.
A formal Vulnerability Management Program to proactively identify and remediate technical vulnerabilities in its systems, applications and services. Please contact us through our Responsible Disclosure page to report any suspected vulnerabilities.
Network & Transmission Protection
Parchment implements appropriate technical solutions to protect the confidentiality and integrity of network communications. Baselines of network traffic and expected data flows to identify what activities that would be considered anomalous behavior. Parchment leverages AWS Security tooling that includes; GuardDuty, CloudTrail, Security Hub, & Inspector, as well as an enterprise SIEM.
Audit, Logging, & Monitoring
Parchment leverages the AWS Well-Architected framework to build secure, high-performing, resilient, and efficient infrastructure for all Parchment Products.
To ensure the effectiveness of our security measure, and detect potential security events, auditing, logging and monitoring are enabled throughout our AWS environment, and the application.
Security is considered in the entire end-to-end process of developing software, including OWASP training, processes, code reviews, and vulnerability scanning.
Risk Management & Incident Response
Risk management is continuously in place for both internal and external sources. We take a proactive approach to performing risk assessment. Potential security risks or events are evaluated and reviewed continuously. Formal incident response plans are in place and tested.
Data integrity and confidentiality are obtained through extensive encryption of data, both in transit and at rest, and role based access controls.
Parchment understands the importance of vendor management and due diligence. Our Information Security team wants to assist you in providing a timely response to your security questions and assessments. Parchment has a streamlined process to complete your requests when considering partnering with us. If your Vendor Risk Management process is based on the EDUCAUSE HECVAT, we can share our pre-completed questionnaires. If your Vendor Risk Management process is based on 3rd party auditor attestations or reports, Parchment is happy to provide copies of our PCI Attestation of Compliance and/or SOC2 Type II report. Please contact your Regional Sales Representatives or Account Executive to get the process started, or submit us a ticket in our Help Center.