When diplomas and certificates are digital, they are a powerful tool for your students. As an institution, you can help your graduates make the most of their education by making sure they know how to claim and use their digital credential. In this post, we’ll cover some of the guidelines for how to really promote digital credentials at your institution. The more your graduates are claiming and sharing your diplomas and certificates the more your brand will be emboldened. This guide will make it easy as 1-2-3!
Before we get into where you should promote (including some great samples) here are a few things to keep in mind as you’re creating your messaging that will make it effective.
- Be brief. No one likes reading a really long paragraph when a sentence will do.
- Let graduates know why a digital credential is important for them.
- Include pictures. A picture says a thousand words … and you remember how we feel about too many words, right?
- Think mobile friendly. Chances are you’ll reach students the first time on a mobile device like their smartphone.
- Hook to students’ emotion. Acknowledge a graduate pride and accomplishment rather than simply providing transactional information.
Making Your Plan
According to Nielsen Media, it requires 42 impressions for the average person to absorb a message or brand. That means you can’t promote the fact that you now offer digital diplomas or certificates too much. Letting your students claim and share their credentials digitally is a big deal … make sure they know how much digital credentials can help them!
Here are the top 5 things to keep in mind as you’re developing your strategy:
- Add information about digital diplomas or certificates to your website. 90% of your graduates will look there first.
- Email graduates before, during, and after their conferral.
- Text message too! Institutions that issue their digital credentials via text message see a 30% better claim rate.
- Include a flyer in your diploma cover during graduation to let them know about the digital credential they will receive.
- Encourage your graduates to share their credentials on LinkedIn!
Download The Complete Guide!
[callout-1 image=”/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/KitThumbnail.png” button-text=”Download” button-link=”http://info.parchment.com/communication-kit-for-digital-credentials.html” secondary-text=”Guide to Promoting Digital Credentials to Your Learners”]
It’s easy to get started with this complete guide to promote digital credentials. Go ahead and check it out and let us know when you’re ready to start getting digital credentials into the hands of your graduates!